Red-Haired Ash Reads tagged everyone that read her post so I’m going to do it! I don’t do very many book tags so I decided to start adding a few each week just to break up the monotony of all the books posts! I don’t really think I’m that much of any interesting person, but these were still fun questions to answer.
1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Right now, I like to sit outside and read since the weather is really good. My house is kind of chaotic since we are remodeling so outside is the most peaceful place!
2) Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I have a wooden bookmark that I love to use, but a lot of the time I’ll just end up using a random piece of mail.
3) Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
I like to read at least 100 pages per day! It keeps me on schedule to have me finish at least one book per week depending on the size of the book.
4) Do you eat or drink while reading?
I usually drink coffee, water, or a soda while reading. I’m not a big fan of eating while reading because I don’t want to get food on the pages.
5) Multitasking: music or TV while reading?
I like to listen to film scores while reading! One of my favorites is the Keith film score by Tree Adams
6) One book at a time or several at once?
I can really only handle one at a time. I get overwhelmed if there are too many.
7) Reading at home or everywhere?
I like to read at home, but I take my Kindle everywhere with me just in case!
8) Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head!
9) Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I break the spines. Especially on my paperbacks. I like them to look well loved and reflect how many times I’ve read them.
10) Do you write in your books?
Some books! My copy of The Scorpio Races is highlighted to death because that book is like the bible to me.
1) When do you find yourself reading?
I like to read first thing in the morning after I get up and get ready for the day. It kind of lets me take a minute to focus on something other than all the things I need to get done during the day and I go into the day with a better mindset.
2) What is your best setting to read in?
Either outside in the early morning or curled up on the couch under a blanket during a rain storm!
3) What do you do first_ read or watch?
I used to try and read first when I was a kid, but now, as an adult, I’m so bad at keeping track of what is coming out when that I don’t even try.
4) What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-Book, or Physical?
I love my physical books, but e-books are a close second. I really only listen to audiobooks when I’m going on long road trips!
5) Do you have a unique habit when you read?
I take notes in a notebok that I always have with me. I write down the page number where something caught my eye and then write down the thought. I also tab parts of the book that I want to talk about later in a review.
6) Do book series have to match?
I don’t think a single series on my shelves match. I try to keep the covers the same, but they are all a mix of hardcovers and paperbacks and it drives me insane.
A Little About Me:
This is my face. That is my favorite book hands down. Its fun to have a face to put to these answers so here it is. I’m 25. I live in Florida. I’m currently unemployed and have nothing better to do than read all day when I’m not doing school.